I can’t believe that it’s been almost two weeks since my last post! We spent five nights camping in the Smoky Mountains (near Gatlinburg, Tennessee) last week and we’ve just been so busy that I haven’t had time to even sit down and write anything. The mountains were beautiful and our RV site was on a small creek (I’ve always dreamed of having a babbling brook running through my yard…it was nice, even if it was only for a few nights 🙂 ). We did all kinds of fun things including:
– Hatfield and McCoy dinner show
– Hiking (ok, more like gentle walking – LOL)
– The Tomb (an interactive ancient Egyptian tomb where we had to work together to solve puzzles and mysteries to escape)
– Titanic Museum
– Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
– Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Oddities Museum (by the way…all Ripley’s museums give homeschoolers 1/2 price tickets!!!)
– Downtown Gatlinburg
The Jellystone campground that we stayed at had lots of fun activities too like candy bar bingo, hayrides, trick-or-treating, etc. Justin and the boys treated me to a sweet little birthday party at the campsite, complete with cake and ice cream! I love how Justin put it: we were “celebrating the 12th anniversary of my 29th birthday” – ha, ha!
Even though we were all worn out and have had a lot to catch up on since we got home, I wouldn’t trade this time with my precious family for the world! I’m so very grateful that we are able to take trips like this (and that the boys still like to hang out with us…well, most of the time anyway 🙂 ).