I am totally having writer’s block 😦 (it is Monday you know), and since I’m giving away a full registration to the HEAV convention, I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite things about attending.
So here ya’ go:
1) I love that the whole convention is bathed in prayer! HEAV truly seeks God in everything that they do and they even have volunteers available during the convention to pray with you if needed!
2) The convention is for the WHOLE family! There is a wonderful children’s program, dissection lab, chess championship, art class, and much more! Click here for more information.
3) You get to meet new people and make new friends 🙂 !
4) You can interact with the presenters and even meet some “legends” in the homeschooling world! Guess what? Almost all of them are (or have been) homeschooling parents themselves so they really “get it” and are there to share their wisdom and encouragement with you!
5) The vendor hall has over 350 booths, so the shopping is GREAT! It really helps to be able to see, touch, and get a true “feel” for the curriculum or products you’ve been drooling over – LOL!
6) Not only can you shop in the vendor hall, but you can find amazing deals at the FABULOUS Used Curriculum Sale! That’s right…MORE SHOPPING 🙂 !!!
Here are a few pictures from our day:
…and now that you’ve read this far, here’s what you’re really looking for 🙂 –
Giveaway Question of the Day:
Tell me your name and share your favorite Bible verse that helps get you through the ups and down of homeschooling (you must actually type the verse so others can see it) . I love hearing how God is working in other people’s lives…plus this question gets you into God’s word 😉 !
There were 40 names entered from by post on 2/6 – GREAT job guys!!!
I can’t wait to read your responses!