Congratulations to Kimberly Williams!
You won a FREE full family registration to the 2017 HEAV convention 🙂 !
I’m so excited for you and know that the convention will be a blessing to you and your family!
What would we do without our amazing dads and husbands???
Our homeschooling group wanted to honor the men who support our families and our homeschooling journeys, so we decided to host a special dinner night to demonstrate how much we love and appreciate them. The theme was “super heroes” since they truly are heroes to us 🙂 ! The kids helped decorate, serve drinks and desserts, and clean up after the party. The most special thing that they did though was they each wrote a personal letter to their dads. I loved watching the reactions and smiles as the fathers read their letters! So sweet!
It was such a wonderful night and I’m so glad that we got the chance to tell them all thank you for all that they do…we couldn’t homeschool without their love and support!
Ok, here’s your third and final chance to enter my giveaway for a FREE full family registration ($79 value) to the 2017 HEAV homeschool convention!
To enter, leave a comment on today’s blog post and tell me what your sweet spouse does to support you as you educate your kids at home….THEN GO AND THANK THEM PERSONALLY FOR ALL THAT THEY DO!!!
Winner will be announced on Wednesday, April 12th!
Tips for “surviving” and thriving the HEAV Convention 🙂 :
Here are some of my favorite memories from past conventions:
To enter, leave a comment on this blog post answering the following question:
(You guys ROCKED the last question! Feel free to go back and look at all of the wonderful comments from my last post to read all of the amazing advice readers have received about homeschooling!)
Click on the picture below to learn more about the HEAV Convention:
Each year the bloggers are blessed to be able to give one winner a full FREE family registration to convention ($79 value).
Think you can’t enter the contest because you have already registered and paid for this year’s convention? No problem! If you win my contest, HEAV will reimburse your registration fee…they are THAT awesome 🙂 !
How do you enter you ask? It’s super easy! You’ll have three chances by leaving a comment on three different posts.
Today is your first chance and today’s question is:
I can’t wait to hear your answers and share them with my readers. I think it’ll be a blessing to everyone!
(Winner will be announced April 12th)
You’ve registered for the convention…now what??? Does the thought of wandering up and down endless booths of books, materials, and curriculum make you feel “tied up in knots”?
Well, it’s time to make a plan !
Many conventions are large (including the HEAV convention) and can be overwhelming if you don’t take the time to prepare in advance. I’m going to share some tips and “tricks of the trade” that I ‘ve learned over the years.
1. First, take the time to pray. Pray about how God is directing your plans. Pray for wisdom and guidance as you and your spouse make decisions about the upcoming year. Pray for your children. Just pray!
2. Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking! Bring a sweater or jacket as many of the conference rooms are chilly.
3. Take a few minutes to look over the map and schedule after you check in. Circle or highlight the sessions that you don’t want to miss and plan other activities such as shopping, meals, etc. around those sessions. Interested in learning about healthy living or dealing with teenagers? This year HEAV has a link where you can search for sessions/topics that interest you! Check it out here.
Many times there are way too many wonderful sessions that I want to go to and not enough time, so I usually purchase HEAV’s Convention MP3 while I’m at the convention for a discounted price. Then I don’t feel rushed or stressed out because I’m missing an amazing speaker!
*Click HERE for the HEAV Convention schedule and start planning!!!*
4. Bring a notebook and pen to take notes. I actually carry a binder with notebook paper, folders, pens, highlighter, paperclips, Post-It notes, and rubber bands. I also print off my registration confirmation, map of vendor hall, etc.
6. Decide on a budget and stick to it! Try not to make any purchases on the first day (unless you are 100% sure it’s something you need). Take time to shop around at different vendors to find the best price, or even better – see if you can find the item you’re looking for at the Used Curriculum Sale!
7. Print off labels with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. Many vendors offer prizes or the chance to sign up for more information…instead of filling out all of those forms by hand, you can just stick a label on it and move on saving yourself lots of time!
8. Take inventory of what items you already have at home, what products/curriculum that you need, and a wish list a few weeks before the convention. I usually research items online beforehand and write down prices so I have a basic idea of how much things cost.
9. Drink lots of water and eat healthy meals and snacks to help keep your energy up.
10. Enjoy your time at the convention! Soak up lots of encouragement, make new friends, be inspired, gain wisdom, feel uplifted, get prepared for next year, and HAVE FUN !!!
Less than FIVE weeks to go – WOO, HOO 🙂 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!